- 2 tbsp Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp softened Butter
- 1 can Cajeta
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1¼ cups Milk
- To prepare the caramel, begin with greasing 4 custard cups using butter. Set them aside.
- Simmer water, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat, until sugar melts and a thick red-colored syrup is formed. Stir constantly.
- Place the saucepan over a bowl of ice and pour equal amounts in the prepared cups.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the cajeta for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Combine eggs and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add sugar and beat until it is dissolved completely. Make sure that the mixture does not get foamy.
- Mix in cajeta and pour milk. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the over thick syrup in prepared cups.
- Arrange cups in a water bath and bake for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Carefully remove the flans from the water bath and chill covered overnight.
- Unmold from the cups and serve.