- 1½ cups Almonds (blanched & thinly sliced)
- 1 (12 oz) package Chocolate Chips
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Whipped Cream
- Toast almonds at 350 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread ½ cup of almonds on the bottom of a well-greased 10-inch tube pan. Reserve the remaining almonds.
- In a mixing bowl, put in all the remaining ingredients and blend it at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 70-75 minutes.
- Let it cool in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and spread whipped cream all over it. Slice and serve.