Lamb with Olives
- 700 gm Lamb (cut into pieces)
- 1 large Onions (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Parsley and Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Moroccan Yellow Colorant
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Saffron (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 handful Green Olives
- 1 Preserved Lemon (quartered and de-seeded)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 ½ cup Water
- Take lamb with oil, butter, salt, pepper, ginger, yellow colorant in a pan and cook it stirring continuously on medium-high flame until meat is brown on all sides.
- Mix in water, saffron, parsley & cilantro and cook it covered on high flame until it begins boiling.
- Then cook it covered stirring infrequently on low flame until meat is tender.
- Mix in olives with lemon and simmer it until gravy is condensed & thickens.
- Serve it hot with bread.