- 6 handfuls of Toor Dal
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Garlic Clove (thinly sliced)
- Lots of Butter
- Salt to taste
- Keep the dal immersed in water for all night.
- Pressure cook the soaked dal until cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Mix in turmeric powder.
- Pour into cooked dal and mix well.
- Put in a cup of hot water and mash the dal. Flavor with salt to taste and get to a boil. Cook for around 30-40 min.
- Take butter in a pan and fry the garlic until light golden brown. Mix it with the dal.
- Serve with rice.