Beans in Tomato Sauce
- ½ kg Fava Beans (shelled)
- 6 large Ripe Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Hot Pepper (ground)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Take fava beans, along with 2 cups of salted water in a saucepan and get it to boil on high flame.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook the beans for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove and drain well.
- Put tomatoes with remaining ingredients in a pan and mix well.
- Cook on medium to high flame, crushing the tomatoes and stirring infrequently, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the cooked beans, along with 2 tbsp water and blend well.
- Cook for the final 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread.