- 1½ kg Lamb
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp Moroccan Yellow Colorant
- ½ tsp Saffron Threads (crumbled)
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small bouquet Cilantro
- Remove excess fat from the lamb and cut it into 3" pieces.
- Put butter, oil, meat, garlic, spices in a dutch oven and cook it on medium flame for 10-15 min or until it is slightly brown.
- Mix in cilantro with water and cook it covered on high flame.
- Then cook it covered on medium flame for 2 ½-3 hrs. Put in more water if required.
- Next simmer it until gravy is condensed and thickens.
- Remove the cilantro and serve it hot with bread.