- 2¼ cups White Flour
- 2 cups fine Barley Grits
- 1 tbsp Whole Cumin Seeds (lightly toasted)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1½ cups Warm Water
- Barley Grits for dusting the loaves
- Preheat the oven at 435°F.
- Take flour with barley grits, sugar, salt, cumin seeds in a bowl and mix it well.
- Form a big well in the middle and put in yeast with oil and water. Begin with mixing the yeast and then blend the whole mixture into dough.
- Place the dough on floured surface and knead into smooth and elastic dough. Add little more water and flour if required.
- Make two equal portions of dough and form each portion into round mound. Roll them in barley grits. Then transfer them to baking sheets and keep it covered with towel for 10 min.
- Flatten the dough into ¼"thick circle and again keep it wrapped with towel for 2 hrs to let it ferment. Then dig many holes on the dough using fork.
- Bake it for 20 min or loaves gets nice color.