- 1 Chicken (quartered)
- 3 large Onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Ras El Hanout
- 1/8 tsp Moroccan Yellow Colorant
For the Lentils:
- ½ cup uncooked Lentils
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds (soaked overnight and drained)
- 1 tsp Saffron Threads (heated gently and then crumbled)
- 1 small handful Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 small handful Parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Smen
- 1½ cup cooked Msemen (shredded)
- Take chicken with the onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, ginger, yellow colorant, ras el hanout and mix it well. Keep it marinated in the fridge for all night.
- Put chicken in a pan and cook it covered on medium flame for 15-20 min.
- Mix in lentils, fenugreek seeds, saffron, parsley, cilantro, water and boil it covered on medium to high flame until lentil & chicken are cooked. Stir in smen.
- Place the msemen on a plate and pour over the chicken.
- Serve it hot.