- For the Spicy Goat Meat:
- 1 kg Goat Meat Pieces
- 2 large Onions (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ras El Hanout
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- ¼ tsp Saffron Threads (crumbled)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
For the Makfoul:
- 2 large Onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 medium Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients of makfoul in a pan and cook it covered on medium heat for 40 minutes. Stir it infrequently until it is dry and onion changes color.
- Take meat with onions, garlic, spices, herbs, oil in a pot and cook it on medium flame until meat is brown.
- Pour into 3 cups water and cook it covered on high flame. Then cook it on low flame for 1½ hrs.
- Put in more water if required and simmer until it thickens.
- Serve it hot with the top up of makfoul.