- 2 kg large Lamb Pieces (fat removed)
- 3 tbsp soft unsalted Butter
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Saffron Threads (crumbled)
- 1 small bunch Parsley (tied)
- 250 gm small Onions (peeled & halved)
- 250 gm Baby Carrots (peeled & halved)
- ½ kg small New Potatoes (peeled)
- Take large quantity of salted water in a pot attached with steamer basket and get it to boil.
- Blend butter with salt, pepper and saffron in a bowl. Make many holes in each meat piece using knife and apply butter mixture over it.
- Transfer the meat with parsley and onion to steamer basket and cover the basket with wet cheesecloth.
- Cover all around the circumference of pot with plastic and steam it covered for about 90 minutes.
- Put in potatoes with carrot and again steam it covered for 60-80 minutes or until meat & vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot.