- 4½ cups Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Anise Seeds
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¾ cup Warm Milk
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Orange Flower Water
- Egg wash made from 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Unhulled Golden Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven at 450°F.
- Melt the yeast in little warm milk.
- Take flour with sugar, salt, anise seeds in a bowl and mix it.
- Put in butter, oil, orange flower water, yeast, remaining milk and mix it well into soft & sticky dough.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl turning it at least once to smear the dough with oil. Keep it covered with towel for 1-1 ½ hrs.
- Shape the dough into 12-15 balls and transfer them to greased baking sheet keeping 2 inch gap between them. Press the balls lightly and keep it covered for another 1 hr.
- Smear the tops and sides with the egg wash.
- Pour over sesame seeds and bake it for 20 min or until it is dark golden brown.