- 1 kg Mutton
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 4 Small Cardamoms
- 4 Black Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (Dhania)(crushed)
- 1 stick Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 3 Onions (sliced)
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ cup Curd (Yogurt)(beaten)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 cups Mutton Stock
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook cardmoms, cinnamon, bay leaves and cumin seeds until start to crackle.
- Stir-in onions and fry until golden brown.
- Stir-fry the ginger-garlic paste and the mutton for 7-8 minutes over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle with crushed coriander seeds, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook until meat is half cooked thereafter add the beaten curd. Simmer until gravy is thick.
- Add the mutton stock and salt and cover. Cook on low heat until meat is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.