Veg Exotica Salad
- 1 Green capsicum
- 1 Red capsicum
- 1 Yellow capsicum
- 8 Mushrooms
- 8 Babycorns
- 1 Yellow carrot
- 8 Small florets of broccoli
- 1 Big tomato
- Olive Oil to saute
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dried Basil
- Grated mozarella cheese
- Barbeque sticks or toothpics
- Wash all vegetables and pat dry on a clean towel.
- Deseed capsicums and cut into medium size pieces.
- Scrape carrot and cut into thick slices.
- Steam brocolli florets for 7-8 minutes till they are done but still crunchy.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan and saute whole cleaned mushrooms. Saute till mushrooms are cooked but not overdone. Drain on paper towel.
- Saute carrot slices and baby corns the same way and drain on paper towel.
- Saute all capsicum pieces & broccoli florets. Towards the end, add cherry tomatoes also. Drain on paper towel.
- Now sprinkle salt, pepper, and basil on all vegetables. Go low on salt & pepper. Add basil generously.
- Now, skewer all vegetable pieces on a stick in this order - the three capsicums, carrot, baby corn, broccoli, mushroom, cherry tomato. Tomato should be on top!
- Arrange all 8 sticks on an ovenproof dish. Add grated cheese on top of each stick and sprinkle some more basil on top.
- Heat in pre-heated oven for 2-3 minutes or till cheese bubbles.
- Serve hot! It goes very well with cocktails.