- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 slice Turnip
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1½ cups Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste
- 1 (3 pound) Chicken (cubed)
- ¼ cup Salt Pork Fat
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olives (chopped)
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and stir-fry onion, carrot, and turnip until tender on low heat.
- Combine ¼ cup flour with boiling water and add to the pan. Stir-in tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Remove from the heat.
- Coat chicken in remaining flour and stir fry in salt pork fat until golden brown on medium high heat.
- Add the prepared sauce and cook covered until tender on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and olives. Cook for another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.