- 1 sweet Onion (sliced and separated into rings)
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 10 cloves Garlic (halved)
- 240 gm Mushrooms (halved)
- 1 cup Red Wine
- ½ cup strong Beef Broth
- 1¾ cup Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 4 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 tsp Allspice (ground)
- 1 small Bay Leaf (broken in half)
- Layer the onion rings in the crockpot.
- Apply worcestershire sauce on the lamb shanks and thereafter shake salt & pepper over it.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the lamb shanks until brown in colour.
- Lay the lamb shanks on top of the onions in the crockpot and put mushroom and garlic over it.
- Take red wine, beef broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil, thyme, allspice, and bay leaf in a bowl and blend well.
- Add wine mix to the meat and cook for about 8 hours on low flame.
- Flavor with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.