|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/4th tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 3 cups Sugar
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (powdered)
- Ghee or Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd in a bowl.
- Mix well, add water and whisk until smooth.
- Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment.
- Whisk thoroughly before use.
- Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Just before the syrup is ready add cardamom powder.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai.
- Pour the batter in a steady stream into the kadhai to form coils.
- Make 4-5 at a time.
- Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
- Remove from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
- Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup.
- Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
- Jalebi is ready.