- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1can de-fatted Sodium Chicken Broth
- 450 gm Chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- ¼ cup Dried Currants
- 2 tbsp Mango Chutney
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Ginger (grated)
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup Couscous
- 3 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion with carrots for 5 min.
- Put in garlic with curry powder, cumin and cook it for a min.
- Mix in broth with chick-peas, currants, chutney, vinegar, ginger, salt and get it to boil. Then take it off heat.
- Pour into couscous and keep it covered until it is steamed.
- Mix in cilantro and serve it hot.