Lemon Meringue Cake
- 125 gm very soft Butter
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 300 gm+1tsp Caster Sugar
- 100 gm All-Purpose Flour
- 25 gm Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Zest 1 Lemon
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Milk
- ½ tea Cream of Tartar
- 150 ml Whipping Cream
- 150 gm Lemon Curd
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend the egg yolks, 100 gm sugar, butter, flour, corn flour, baking powder & soda and lemon zest in a blender until smooth. Blend in lemon juice and milk for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into 2 buttered tins and spread until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Gradually whisk in 200 gm of the sugar. Pour equal amount of it over the each tins having batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar over egg whites mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and cool completely in the tins.
- Reverse the cakes and pour evenly the lemon curd and whipped cream on each of them. Arrange one over another.
- Slice and serve.