- 2 large Red Bell Peppers
- Flavored Vegetable Cooking Spray
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ cup Celery (sliced)
- ¼ cup Rome Apple (peeled, chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- ¾ cup Low-Salt Chicken Broth
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Uncooked Couscous
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Remove the top and outer membrane of bell peppers. Scoop out the seeds as well.
- Boil the peppers in water for 5 min and drain them.
- Grease a pan with cooking spray and heat it over medium flame.
- Put in onion with mushrooms, celery, apple, garlic and shallow fry them for 3 min. Then take it off heat.
- Blend broth, salt, cumin, pepper, turmeric in a fresh pan and get it to boil.
- Mix in couscous with oil and take it off heat. Then keep it covered for 5 min. Next beat it using fork until it is puffy.
- Put in onion mixture with raisins, pine nuts, parsley and mix it well.
- Stuff the peppers with the couscous mixture and transfer them to baking pan.
- Bake it for 15 min and serve it hot.