Wheat Potato Bread
- 500 gm Wheat Flour
- 250 gm Potato (mashed)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 50 gm Butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat mashed potato with milk until very smooth and fine.
- Whisk in 3/4th of the egg and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt into a large bowl and mix butter into it.
- Add potato mixture and knead into smooth and soft dough. Add more flour, if required.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it rise to double in size, for around an hour.
- Knead and shape into loaves.
- Brush the loaves with remaining egg and put into a cake pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and allow cooling.
- Cut into slices and serve.