- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Shortening
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ cup Warm Water
- 3 oz Tomato Paste
- 2¼ cups Bread Flour (Maida)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds (Khuskhus)
- Combine together salt, sugar, shortening, yeast, water, and tomato paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually, add the flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and also grease the top of it. Cover and place at a warm place for 1 hour, until double in size.
- Knead again for 4 minutes and shape into a loaf. Place on a buttered (8x5-inch) loaf pan and cover again to rise until double.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Make 3 slits across the top and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Reverse on a platter and wrap into a clean cloth.
- Slice after cooling.
- Serve wark.