Rum Pound Cake
- For Cake :
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rum Concentrate
- 1 cup Cake Flour
For Corn Syrup:
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ cup Rum Concentrate
- Whisk together eggs, rum and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add cake flour and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice into 3 pieces crosswise.
- While baking, prepare corn syrup.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and place over medium low heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Allow cooking and pour over each slice of cake when cool.
- Place one slice over another and cut to serve.