- 1 cup coarse Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together butter, sugar and milk until creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add it to the flour mixture, beating constantly.
- Pour the mixture into a greased (8 x 8 x 2.25) pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until toothpick test is done.
- Cool slightly and slice to serve.