- 2 cups Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)(chopped)
- 200 gm Paneer (Cheese)(cubed)
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Spread around half cup of salt over methi for 6-7 hours or overnight, to reduce its bitterness.
- Wash with water and drain to remove the excess salt.
- Heat the oil in flat pan and fry paneer cubes on medium-high heat, until golden.
- Remove and soak into salted warm water for 20 minutes. Drain properly.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and fry onions until brown.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally over medium low flame.
- Add paneer and methi, and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve with chapatti.