- 200 gm Bittersweet Chocolate (melted and kept lukewarm)
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks
- Heat 2/3 cup of cream in small saucepan over low flame until it just begins to steam.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add half portion of the hot cream, whisking constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the warm egg-cream blend back into the rest hot cream in the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Chill the chocolate custard thoroughly.
- Beat remaining 1-1/3 cups of cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Thoroughly stir ½ cup of the whipped cream into the chilled chocolate custard, and then gently fold in the remaining cream.
- Now thoroughly incorporated chocolate custard into the whipped cream and serve chilled.