- ¾ cup Butter
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 5 tbsp Orange Juice
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2½ cups Confectioners' Sugar
- Whisk together butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, 1 tsp orange zest and 3 tbsp orange juice.
- Combine flour with baking powder and mix in with butter mixture.
- Knead the mixture on a floured surface until smooth dough is formed.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and stretch-out into 1-inch thick cylindrical shape.
- Slice into ½-inch pieces. Arrange them on a buttered baking sheet at 1-inch distance.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until light golden in colour. Remove and allow cooling.
- Combine confectioners' sugar with remaining orange juice and orange zest.
- Dip the baked cookies in this mixture.
- Let dry and then serve.