- 350 gm Bread Flour
- 250 gm Granary Flour
- 125 gm Barley Flour
- ½ cup Cornmeal
- 15 gm Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oats
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 500 ml Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Malt Extract
- 1 Egg White (beaten)
- Blend together flours, soda, yeast, salt, sugar, oats and seeds in a large bowl.
- Pour in water and malt extract and mix with an electric mixer, until smooth and elastic dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put in a big greased bowl.
- Cover with a wet towel and leave it in a warm place for about 60 minutes, to rise to the doubled size.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead well. Divide into 2 oval shapes.
- Put them into 2 buttered loaf pan and cover again to raise it for 40 minutes.
- Brush dough with beaten egg white and bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow cooling and slice to serve.