Kung Pao Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts (skinless, boneless pieces)
- 4 oz Peanuts
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts
- 2 tbsp White Wine
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 oz Chili Paste
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in 3 tbsp Water)
- 1 sprig Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- Take 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp wine, 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp cornstarch in a bowl and blend well.
- Mix chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine rest of the wine, soy sauce, and cornstarch together with chili paste, sugar and vinegar.
- Remove the chicken from fridge.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry onions, garlic, peanuts and chestnuts until golden in colour.
- Add chicken and cook until white and juices run clear.
- Pour in the prepared sauce mixture and stir-fry until sauce is thick.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with parsley and grated carrot.