- 1¼ cups All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- ¼ cup Almonds (ground)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Shortening (crumbled)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 4 tbsp Chilled Water
- Extra All-purpose Flour
- Take flour, almonds, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix it well.
- Put in shortening and mix until it is crumble and coarse.
- Mix in egg with sufficient cold water to form stiff dough.
- Cover up the dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Lay the dough on floured surface and roll out into 1/8" thick log. Transfer the dough to glass pie plate and make holes on the sides & bottom by using a fork.
- Set the oven at 375 degree F and bake for 10 minutes minutes or untill golden brown in colour.
- Cool, slice and serve.