- ¼ cup Besan
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- ¾ cup Red Gram Dal
- ¼ kg Ladies Finger (Okra) (slit)
- 3 Potatoes (chopped)
- 1 Eggplant (chopped)
- ¼ kg Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- ½ cup Peas
- Little Lotus Roots
- 4 Green Chillies
- Few Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Kalonji
- 7 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- Take oil in a pan and fry ladies finger, potato, cauliflower, eggplant, peas, lotus root.
- Pour dal in a pressure cooker and cook it well.
- Put oil in a fresh pan and fry besan for 10 min.
- Mix in turmeric powder with 4 cups water, salt to taste and cook it on low flame.
- Put in dal with fried vegetables, tamarind pulp and cook until vegetables are tender. Then take it off heat.
- Take oil in a pan and fry asafoetida, mustard, cumin, methi, kalonji, red chilly powder, green chilly & curry leaves.
- Add it to the karhi and sprinkle over coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with boiled rice.