- 1 cup Kabuli Channa (soaked in water for 10 - 12 hrs and drained)
- 1 Tea Bag
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ cups Onion (sliced)
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Kalongi
- 1 inch Ginger (sliced)
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp thick Tamarind Juice
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Pressure cook the channa with tea bag, fennel seeds, black salt and onions until 4 - 5 whistles comes. Then strain it reserving ½ cup stock. Remove the tea bag.
- Take ghee in a pan and splutter kalongi with cumin seeds.
- Put in onions with ginger, garlic and fry until it is translucent.
- Stir in tamarind paste with channa water and cook it covered for 10 min or until it dries out.
- Add on coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Baturas.