- 1 medium Lauki (peeled and grated)
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (ground)
- 4-5 Green Chillies (chopped)
- Few Coriander Leaves
- Ginger to taste (ground)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- Boil lauki in a salted water for 2 min. Then squeeze the water.
- Mix boiled lauki with half quantity of salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, garlic, coriander leaves, and garam masala powder in a bowl.
- Put in gram flour, oil, baking soda, cumin seeds and mix it well. Shape the lauki mixture into round balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls on medium heat. Then remove the koftas and keep it to the side.
- Put more oil in a pan and fry the onion until it is brown.
- Stir in remaining green chillies, tomatoes, ginger, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and cook until it thickens.
- Add koftas to it and serve it hot with chapattis.