Cherry Almond Cake
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- A pinch of Salt
- 225 gm Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (Soda)
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 225 gm Castor Sugar
- 275 gm Glace Cherry (halved)
- 65 gm Self Rising Flour (Maida)
- 175 gm Almonds (powdered)
- Butter a (9-inch) cake pan and line it with a wax paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine together flour, baking powder, salt, powdered almonds and almond extract. Set aside.
- Arrange cherries on the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in beaten eggs little by little. Don't over beat.
- Mix in flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until toothpick test is done.
- Cool, slice and serve.