Chettinad Pepper Chicken
- 1 kg (2 lbs) Chicken
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 sticks Cinnamon (Karugapatta/Dalchini)
- 4 Cloves(Grambu/Laung)
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 1 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Salt to taste
- Masala Ingredients
- 2 piece Ginger
- 5 Garlic Pods
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds (Perinjeerakam)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Zeera/Jeerakam)
- Fry all the masala ingredients and grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a big pan or a pressure cooker heat oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and chopped onions and stir till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, chicken and ground masala and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and salt.
- Pour water into the pressure cooker and cook it for 10 - 15 minutes.
- If you are cooking in a pan, cook till the chicken becomes soft.
- Ready to serve hot with rice or chappathis.
- Serve hot with rice or chappathis.