Stir Fish Fry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 450 gms Boneless Fish Fillets (1 pound)
For the Marinade:
- 1 Egg White
- 3 drops Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine, Dry Sherry or White Wine
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced)
- 2 slices Ginger (shredded)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 tsp Cornstarch mixed in 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup Fish Stock, Chicken Broth or Water
- 1/4 tsp Soy Sauce
For the Garnishing:
- Mushrooms (as desired)
- Snow Peas (as desired)
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander (or as desired)
- The fish has to be sliced almost 1 1/2 inches by 1/2 inch in size.
- Add the ingredients of marinade one by one and cornstarch at the last.
- Mix all these well together and leave the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Combine the last 3 ingredients of the sauce in a bowl and set it aside.
- Pour water on cornstarch in another bowl and leave it aside.
- Heat a large pan and pour two tablespoons of oil in it.
- Gently place the sliced fish fillets and cook both sides till golden brown then put it aside in a plate.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil again into the same frying pan and wait for it to boil
- Put ginger, onion, garlic and fry them until they turn lightly brown.
- Once it is done then mix mushrooms and snow peas to stir fry it.
- Place the fish that you put aside earlier into the mixture and mix everything properly.
- Finally, sprinkle the ground coriander over the prepared mixture for flavor.