|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Moong dal ( Wash thoroughly)
- 1tsp Chili powder.
- 1 Small Onion( chopped into small pieces)
- 2 Small Tomatoes ( chopped into small pieces)
- 5 Flakes Garlic ( Smash the garlic to paste)
- Curry Leaves (4-5).
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder.
- 1 Pinch of Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ¼ tsp Mustard seeds
- Rock (to salt)
- 1 tbsp oil.
- In a cooker, add washed moong dal, chilli powder, 1 cup water,turmeric powder, onions and tomatoes.
- Cook it for 1 or 2 whistles and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan and heat it.
- Add oil, fennel seeds, mustard seed, garlic, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Fry it for 2-3 seconds.
- Add the cooked moong dal masala and salt.
- Cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or chapati.