- 1/4 inch thick fresh Ginger (unpeeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Lime Zest (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1 1/4 pounds (0.56 kg) Cod or Halibut Steaks
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 cups (6 ounces) Chinese Cabbage (shredded)
- 4 cups Red Leaf Lettuce (shredded)
- 2 large Carrots (thinly sliced like matchsticks)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- After lining a broiler pan with foil, lightly grease the foil with vegetable oil, and preheat the broiler.
- Blend garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, honey, lime zest, black pepper and hot pepper flakes in a processor to make a marinade.
- Take half the marinade and apply it on the fish (on top side) and place it on the broiler.
- Broil the fish for 5 minutes.
- After 5 min, turn the fish over side and apply the marinade and broil for another 5 minutes.
- Dress 4 plates with cabbage, lettuce, carrots and bean sprouts.
- Cut the hot fish equally and place them on top of the greens.
- Pour the remaining marinade on the hot fish and sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the salad.
- Your fish salad is ready to be served.