|Calories Per Serving:
- ¼ Cup of Moong Dal
- 1 Cup Raw Rice
- 6 Cups of Water.
- 10 Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 3 tbsp Ghee.
- 12 Roasted Cashew nuts
- 4 Whole black peppercorns
- ½ tbsp Black pepper powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin seeds powder
- 12 Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chilies ( Cut into lengthwise)
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- Salt (to taste)
- Take a pan and fry the moong Dal for 2 minutes.
- In a vessel add raw rice and moong Dal wash it twice and rinse completely.
- In a pressure cooker add moong Dal, rice, black peppercorns, cumin seeds ,salt, asafoetida and water.
- Keep it in medium up to 5-6 whistles after 15 minutes transfer it to serving bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add, green chilies, curry leaves, cumin powder, cashew nuts, pepper powder fry it for 2 seconds.
- Once done with frying add it to serving bowl and mix it well.
- Serve with coconut chutney or curd raita