Andhra Tomato Pickle
- 1 kg Firm Red Tomatoes (washed and cubed)
- 10 Green Chilies
- 6 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Tamarinds (soaked in a little hot water to soften)
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tbsp of sesame oil in deep pan and add tomatoes.
- Fry it until they are soft and then mash the tomatoes.
- Add to the mashed tomato paste on the Grind the tamarind and green chilies.
- On the other hand heat 3 tbsp of sesame oil and mustard seeds in another pan.
- When they are splitting add the fenugreek seeds asafetida and fry it
- Turn off the fire and put the pan on one side
- Add the hot mix onto the tomato-tamarind-green chili paste and stir well.
- Allow to cool it automatically