|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 Beetroot (chopped / sliced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Green Chilly (chopped)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ cup Grated Coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Mustard seed
- 1tsp Urud Dal
- 3 Curry leaves (chopped)
- Peel the skin of the beetroot and cut it into small sizes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add mustard and Urud dhal. When the seeds start splitting add onion, curry leaves and chilly (saute for a while).
- Once the onion turns brown, add beetroot, turmeric powder and little amount of water in to the pan .Then, after 15 minutes add the salt and coconut to it and keep them for 5 minutes in the heat.
- Now beetroot fry is ready to serve.
- serve it hot with chapati or with rice