Goan Fish Curry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 Tamarind
- 1 Small Onion (cut)
- 1 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 2 Pomfret Fish (clean, wash and cut) (5-6 pieces)
- 1/2 cup Coconut (scraped)
- 2 Green Chilies (slit into half)
- 2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 6 Red Chilies (whole)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 small Tomato (cut)
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- Salt (to taste)
- First roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and red chilies.
- Grind the roasted spices along with scraped coconut, ginger and garlic paste and malt vinegar and make a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Now put onions in the pan and deep fry it till it gets golden brown.
- Mix the green chilies and tomatoes and stir fry for 3 minutes on medium heat
- After doing it, mix in the paste adding 1½ cups of water.
- Boil it and put fish pieces with salt inside it and mix it in low heat.
- Stir it for about 5 minutes or till the fish is cooked.
- Serve it with hot rotis/ Chapati