Andhra Mushroom Curry
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Leaves (to garnish)
- 250 gm (8 ½ oz.) Mushrooms
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Ingredients for Masala paste:
- 1 Cardamom pod
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and cut mushrooms into small pieces.
- In a pan add 3 tsp oil and preheat it.
- Put onions and chilies to the oil and fry till they turn into golden brown.
- Add red chili powder, mushrooms, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry them for about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water to it and on medium heat let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Grind the masala ingredients into fine paste and add it the curry.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- When oil starts oozing out, then put off the flame.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Serve with rice or chapati