- 1 cup Channa Dhal( Kadala Parupu)
- 1 cup Green Gram Dhal (Pasi Paruppu)
- 1 cup Red Gram Dhal
- 1cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Idly Rice
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 4- 8 Red Chilies
- 4 Garlic
- Few Curry leaves
- 3 strings Coriander Leaves
- ½ Fennel seeds(Saunf, Varyali)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Seeragam)
- Salt and Oil to taste.
- Soak chana dal, green gram dal, red gram dal, raw rice and Idly rice all together for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Add the red chilies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, garlic, fennel seeds, cumin seeds to the soaked ingredients. Make a paste of these ingredients
- Ensure that the batter is ready.
- Cut the onions and half grind it in the mixer. Set them aside.
- Add salt and half ground the onion to the mixer.
- Make dosas in the usual way, using this batter.