Andhra Vegetable Biryani
- 4 cups Basmati Rice
- ¾ cup Oil
- 1 cup Curds (Yogurt)
- 3 cups Milk
- 3 - 4tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Sajeera
- 3 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Dhania Powder
- 1 Onion (medium sized chopped)
- 1 Onion (medium sized cut lengthwise)
- 5 Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ bunch Coriander (finely cut)
- 5-6 Cashews
- 1 Potato (cut into small cubes)
- 2 Carrot (cut into small cubes)
- 12- 15 Green Beans (chopped finely)
- ½ cup Green Peas (deskinned)
- 4 Elaichi (Cardamom)
- 6 Cloves
- ½ Cinnamon Stick (chopped into pieces)
- ½ cup Ground Coconut
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is heated add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, elaichi, sajeera and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Add onion, green chillies, cut vegetables, salt, dhania powder, turmeric and deep fry them for sometime.
- Clean by washing the rice.
- Add yogurt, coconut paste, milk and also the fried vegetables.
- Stir them well and cook.
- Garnish the rice with onions and the chopped coriander.
- It goes great with gongura chicken.