|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 ½ cups Rice (Basmati)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 tbsp Cashew Nuts
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Whole Peppercorns
- 1 Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 ½ tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Salt to Taste
- In a utensil wash the rice and for an hour soak it in water.
- At medium heat place a thick bottomed saucepan and add the ghee.
- Once the ghee heats up then add the cashew nuts and stir till golden brown.
- Put it aside then add to the ghee other ingredients like cloves, bay leaves, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and peppercorns.
- For 30 seconds stir fry it then add the rice, salt and water and stir.
- Seal the saucepan and simmer it for fifteen minutes or when it is done.
- Best serve it hot with paneer, mutton or chicken curries.