|Calories Per Serving:
- 450 gm Boneless Chicken
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Plain Yoghurt
- ½ cup Cream
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 White Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1-¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin (Ground)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- Water as required
- Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute white onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Put butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala (1 tsp), chili powder, cumin and bay leaf into the saucepan. Stir it for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree to the mixture. Cook it for 2 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add cream and yoghurt into the same pan and mix them well.
- Reduce heat to low and cook sauce for 10 minutes.
- Now add salt, black pepper and cayenne into the mixture. Remove the pan from heat.
- Heat oil (1tbsp) in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- Cut the Chicken to bite-size pieces and wash it well.
- Cook chicken pieces until it gets slightly brown (for about 10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat and season the chicken with garam masala (1 tsp) and cayenne.
- Put 1/3 cup of the prepared sauce into it and cook until liquid get reduced (for about 5 minutes).
- Now pour the rest of the sauce into the chicken.
- Mix cornstarch and water well. Put this mixture into the chicken.
- Cook chicken for 5-10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Butter Chicken is ready to serve.