Chana Dal Dhokla
- 250 gm Channa dal( Yellow dal)
- 50 ml Yoghurt
- For Tempering
- 2 gm Asafoetida
- 3 gm( 1tsp) Soda bi-carb
- 10 gm(0.53) Green Chillies
- 20 ml ( 4 tsp) Oil
- 5 gm ( 0.17 oz) Mustard Seeds
- 3 gm( 1 tsp) Red Chillies
- 20 gm Coriander Leaves
- 10 gm Ginger
- 10 gm Turmeric Powder
- 5 ml (0. 16 oz) Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 10 ml Oil
- 20 ml Water
- For Garnishing
- Coconut (grated, 1/2 cup)
- Coriander leaves
- Grill or scrape the coconut and mix it with chopped green chilies and ginger.
- Soak the lentils for about 2 hours, and mix it with yogurt. Make a consistent paste.
- Add little sugar and place it in a warm place for some time.
- Add the soda bicarbonate and store them in a cool place.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with the batter.
- Add soda bicarbonate with batter till it is light. Once you mix them transfer it to a vessel.
- Place the vessel in a steamer and vapor it for about 20 minutes.
- Take the vessel and let it cool. Once cooled, cut the cooked batter into cubes of same size.
- In a frying pan heat a little oil to make a tarka.
- Add mustard seeds, once it pops out add the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the tadka on top of the dhokla cubes.
- Can be eaten with green chutney.