Chana Dal Vada
- 300 gms (10.5 oz) Chana Dal (Yellow Dal)
- 20 nos Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 3 Onions medium sized (finely chopped)
- 1 1\2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 1\2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Slt to taste
- Marinate the chana dal in water for about 2-3 hours.
- Grate the green chilies to a smooth paste.
- Grind the dal without adding water.
- Mix them into green chilies, onions, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, red chili powder and add salt to it.
- Take a part of the dal on the palm of your hand, and flatten them to make a vada.
- Deep fry the vada in a medium flame in hot oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney.