Kerala Chicken Stew
- 3/4 kg Chicken (cut into medium size pieces)
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamom
- 2 Onion (medium) (thinly sliced)
- 5 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Whole Pepper
- 1 pinch Fennel seeds
- 1 Carrot (small) (cubed)
- 1 Potato (medium) (cubed)
- 3 cups Medium Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Cashew Paste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves as required
- Take a heavy bottom pan, add oil into it.
- Once the oil is hot enough add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper, and fennel seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add ginger & garlic, onion, green chillies and curry leaves into the pan.
- Sauté until onion becomes soft.
- Add chicken pieces, potato and salt. Mix it well.
- Into the mix add medium thick coconut milk. Cover it and cook till the chicken is half done.
- Add carrot into the mix.
- Cook it under low flame until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add cashew paste to the thick coconut milk and mix it well.
- When the chicken is completely cooked add the cashew-coconut milk mixture into it.
- Cook for another 2 minutes in low flame.
- Garnish it with curry leaves.
- Serve it hot with bread, appam or roti.