- 1 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 tsp Peanuts
- 2 tsp Cashew Nuts (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Roast oats dry until it turns brown.
- In the same pan heat oil and add peanuts and cashews. Once it is roasted well add onion and sauté it for a minute.
- Into it add ginger and garlic, sauté it for a few seconds.
- Add red chili powder, water and salt and cover it to boil.
- Once the water boils, add oats and mix well.
- Cook it on a low flame until whole of the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the flame and serve it hot.
- Serve it with coconut chutney.